April 2, 2020
Yesterday, Finance Minister, Bill Morneau, answered questions from the media about the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) and the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Starting April 6th, you will be able to apply for the CERB here: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html, but it appears that funds will not start flowing for another six weeks.
Once under way, you will be able to receive payment in 3-5 days if you select to receive payment by direct deposit when you are applying, otherwise payment will be made by cheque and will take about 10 days.
After applying for CERB, you will need to log in monthly to indicate that you remain out of work in order to continue receiving the CERB benefit.
If you have already applied through EI in March, you do not need to reapply.
There was also information published about the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS). You can learn more about the program here:
This program still requires Parliamentary approval, so please continue to watch this website for further information as it becomes available.
March 20, 2020
We have set up this website to communicate how the developing Coronavirus outbreak is affecting our operations.
Please visit this page frequently as we intend to update the content regularly to advise our associates of changes to our production schedules and shifts.
We wish good health to all of you in these uncertain times.
The current measures we have taken are as follows:
1. We will not accept any visitors into our plants or offices. (Any exceptions will need upper management approval.)
2. We will not have any associates travelling for business reasons.
3. We are limiting face-to-face meetings. Additionally, we are limiting the number of associates present in any critical meetings that do occur and enforcing social distancing practices (maintaining distances of 6ft or more).
4. We are implementing rotating work schedules to allow associates to work from home to limit the risk of exposure or transmittal at any given time.
5. We are asking all associates that have travelled to self-quarantine for two weeks upon their return.
6. We are asking all associates to maintain preventative hygiene methods, such as washing hands frequently, covering ones nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing, understanding the symptoms of the virus and acting responsibly by staying home if they suspect or feel symptoms.
7. We are asking all associates to be socially minded and follow the advice from the governmental/medical authorities' guidelines on social interaction outside of company hours.
These are some of the measures that we are currently implementing and we hope that they are temporary. However, as the situation continues to develop and changes come into effect, we will make additional adjustments as necessary and will provide updates along the way. We appreciate your patience and are grateful for your support to get us through the challenges ahead.